Friends and Family
11:46 AM
It seems highly likely that I'll be moving to Switzerland by the end of the summer. The only potential hang up is finishing my MLA thesis on time. My parents are a bit excited about the whole thing. Both my parents are longing to become expatriates, so they are a bit jealous that I'd be a step closer than they are. My Dad is excited because I would be going to CH to work on my doctorate and would be the first on his side of the family. My Mum is excited since her side of the family is actually from CH... coming from Zug, Teufen, Bern, Winterthur and EndHoni primarily. I'm excited because the Swiss have somehow managed to be something unique and totally unlike any other culture as well as blending in a bit of French, German and Italian. It is also nice that CH is so close to all of the other places that I would like to travel to, making it easy to make weekend trips to see friends in other European countries.

Sweet Dreams and Goodnite
11:46 AM


Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called Locarno, Switzerland TI. Make your own badge here.
Expat Women—Helping Women Living Overseas
living in Basel


Visitor Map

Quick Links

Expat Women
Swisstory
Expatica Swiss
Tales from a small planet
One Big Yodel
Real Estate

Archives



limelight