Quick thoughts - Shopping
7:40 AM
Stop and Smell the Cheese.... no really, just do it!


Yesterday I was grocery shopping at the local Migros (the Swiss do not pronounce the S) and saw of all things a special cheese sale. There was a marked off section and at least 12 different types of cheese on display.
I had something in mind that I wanted to make that required a semi hard cheese. So, I just grabbed the cheese that met these requirements. When I got home and opened the cheese packaging I almost gagged. Whhhhhew smelly cheese. Fortunately I wanted the cheese for a meat dish that worked fine with a strong smelly cheese. The big problem is what to do with the rest of the cheese? It certainly can't hang around the fridge smelling up the whole kitchen. aiie, so now looking for other things to make with a strong smelly cheese.

I think I've learned my lesson on this one though. Stop and smell the cheese and don't worry about what the locals think of this strange American smelling the cheese in the supermarket.

Labels: , ,


Sweet Dreams and Goodnite
7:40 AM


Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called Locarno, Switzerland TI. Make your own badge here.
Expat Women—Helping Women Living Overseas
living in Basel


Visitor Map

Quick Links

Expat Women
Swisstory
Expatica Swiss
Tales from a small planet
One Big Yodel
Real Estate

Archives


City Living in Basel - catching Christmas cheer


Colmar's Marchés de Noel


Weinachts Markt Basel


Driving Europe


Munich, Germany


Indoor Baseball in Germany


The holiday season is upon us


No Shame in the Chronic


Expensive, or really expensive?


Weekend visit to Freiburg, Germany



limelight