Lugano Again
1:08 PM
Well, we spent the day in Lugano again. This time looking at apartments. I must say that I was NOT impressed. In Basel, we are in a huge apartment just off of the Rhine in the center of town... with a washing machine and dryer, courtyard access, dishwasher and are allowed to have our pup. In Lugano it is a hard enough just to get that last one covered. For a city that is so pro-dog in public, they certainly aren't in private. Only a few places in the immediate city limits allow for dogs. Seriously. We met with an agent who told us of three possibilities...and for one reason of another they all stunk to me. Anyway, I don't want to harp on it.

So. I'm getting used to the drive to Lugano now. The drive to the Gotthard Tunnel doesn't even sketch me out too much anymore. (The roads have pretty big drop offs)
This time I actually counted the tunnels.Well, it turns out I was waaaay off on my first estimate of six or so. (What did I fall asleep?!) We went through 18 tunnels. Mind you, some were short and done in less than a minute but others were quite long. Following the Gotthard Tunnel is one near Interlaken that takes 5 or 10 minutes (though I think we've all learned now that you shouldn't rely on my estimates)

Labels: , , ,


Sweet Dreams and Goodnite
1:08 PM


Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called Locarno, Switzerland TI. Make your own badge here.
Expat Women—Helping Women Living Overseas
living in Basel


Visitor Map

Quick Links

Expat Women
Swisstory
Expatica Swiss
Tales from a small planet
One Big Yodel
Real Estate

Archives


Switzerland has a lot of tunnels…


Jim Henson would be jealous


Getting away from the cold


Fife and Drum


A cheap find in Basel


Quick Thoughts -Shopping for wine


Basel, the city of water


This definitely isn't apple pie!


Well, hellloooo again


Quick thoughts - Shopping



limelight